Monday, July 7, 2008

Utah

We flew out to Utah for a quick trip to visit with my Grandma Amy who is not doing so well. As many of you know, she has had Alzheimer's for a number of years and about 3 weeks ago, they found out she has pneumonia. They give her about a month to live, and I knew we needed to get out there to say our final goodbyes. So I packed up myself and the girls and we flew out to Utah for 5 days to stay with my family. My in-laws were so wonderful to let us drive home with them to Cali and we got to meet up with my mom in St. George and do some shopping. We had a very short stay in Sugar House, but still got to do many fun things--shopping (Tai Pan!!), crafts, visit the Hogle Zoo, celebrate the 4th of July and visiting with family of course. Thanks to our families for taking such good care of us (and sorry to those we didn't get a chance to visit with--next time I promise!)
This is my niece Lily! How cute is she?!

Aunt Judy and Ellie making cookie dough to eat!! (Way better than baking the cookies.)

Aunt Mandy, Ellie and Maddy at Sugar House park--just down the street from Grandma's

Ellie with two of her grandmas!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm glad you had such a nice trip. Lilly is so cute! I also love Mandy's dark hair. What a cute picture of your Mom and Ellie!

Ally said...

I'd say that Lily is pretty cute! Nice pictures, it was fun to have you out!