Recently, I signed up to take a beginning sewing class. YES, ME--SEWING!!
(YES--The same girl, who in the 8th grade had taken a mandatory sewing class, but actually paid a friend to finish all of her sewing projects so that she could flirt with this cute boy in the class (spray bottle fights over the ironing board anyone?!) And also, the same girl, who on a number of occasions has had her mom try to teach her to sew (mom is AMAZING!), but somehow, is always able to talk her mom in to doing it for her ("Mom, you sew, I'll cut. You are WAY better and faster at this...that's exactly how "we" made the girls' quilt)
So, I decided that I finally needed--and WANTED-- to learn for myself (and quit taking an extra suitcase to Utah full of clothes to be mended by mom every time we went out there!)
My goals for taking the course were: to be able to hem pants/skirts, sew cute, easy dresses/skirts for my girls, and to make Halloween costumes for my kids like my mom used to make us when we were little. Well, let's just say that really none of those goals were met (could have been because there were 9 of us women with only one teacher?!), but after the 5 week course, I finished this little beauty! I am actually quite proud of myself--(because you all know me--always starting projects, but never finishing them!) But this class really made me more confident in my sewing skills and I have many more sewing projects on my table.
Next up: My neighbor brought over a huge bag of cute material, which I plan to make matching ruffled skirts for the girls.
Now, the only problem with having a cute apron is, is that I have to learn to cook!! Maybe that will be my next class...
3 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!!!!! You MADE that?!?!I'm totally impressed!! Remember those HIDEOUS pathwork pillowcases we had to make oh oh and that drawstring bag we had to do in 8th grade?! Wait, weren't you spraying SPENCER BASS with that water bottle?!?! I swear it was him!! Seriously Leash I'm proud of you!!!
Alicia, that is adorable!
Paying someone to finish your school sewing projects? no wonder we are friends!
I have no one in Texas I can talk into sewing for me, so I too have tried to (gulp) learn!
Post a Comment