Friday, October 12, 2007

What are YOU going as for Halloween??







Last year Ellie went as a gorgeous Cinderella for Halloween-or "CinderELLIE" as she liked to be called


















The year before that she went as a beautiful fairy princess


















For Ellie's first Halloween, she went as an adorable Minnie Mouse








So this year, Ellie really wants to go as one of her other favorite Disney princesses--Ariel. Ariel is a good costume choice for a number of reasons, 1--because Ellie already has red hair, so we won't have to purchase a wig or hair dye, 2--we already own a couple of Ariel dolls, shoes, a phone, camera, crown, etc--all the Ariel accessories a girl could ever want to go with her costume, and 3--we already own a Disney store Ariel costume-- so we will be saving the big bucks by not having to buy a new costume or related items. However, I personally am not a big fan of the commercialized store bought costumes--I prefer the homemade ones. I grew up with these amazing homemade costumes and the 3 costumes Ellie has worn in the past are all handmade ones too. I think she should choose a more creative, less cheesy costume. Even though I am sure, just out of sheer ease (not to mention laziness on my part), she will end up in the already owned Ariel costume, I didn't want her to rule out some of these runner-ups. The costumes for consideration for our girls' trick-or-treating pleasure are as follows---


The girls can wear their pj's and mess up their hair and go as

DIRTY CLOTHES


A starfish trainer at Sea World

A professional Bocce Ball Player


A sea lion

The girls could go as a "sister-tandem-surfing-championship duo."

Maddy could wear my old baby clothes and go as me in the 80's

A kitty cat--MEOW!

A Mrs. Field's cookie tester.


Minnie Mouse--(again for Ellie)

Love-a-Lot Bear (A Care Bear)

(this costume is actually one my mom made for us when I was little--much cuter than anything you can purchase at the store)

A baby doll

My Little Pony's long lost twin

A giant spider


An angel

Fern from Charlotte's web

A Gymnast

An Explorer or Sea captain

A professional dirt bike racer

A diva

Beach bums

A farmer

A veterinarian


Or my personal favorite--Shrek and Princess Fiona (Just who would be who I am not sure...)

So what's YOUR vote??

I'm sure when all is said and done, Ellie will still choose to be Ariel this year!!

3 comments:

happy axolotl said...

ADORABLE! My nieces are the cutest ever! Though it wasn't listed, my vote for this year's Halloween costume goes back to my favorite one (homemade by my mom, of course)--the ever popular (and comfy) green turtle. Mom actually made this for a school play I was in, and then I wore it (at least a couple of times) for trick-or-treating. Fast forward a decade or so, and my youngest borther Tommy found this well loved costume and made it his own. It was truly awesome!

Alicia said...

Mand--
You need to post a picture of you in the turtle costume on her blog!!! It is priceless!!

Erin said...

Hi Leash! I love this site!! Your kids are adorable for sure! As for the costume.. it was a tough call however I loved the Love A Lot Bear! Too cute!! I put a lot of thought into what your costume should be and I was thinking you'd make a good Monique from Better off Dead! Think about it..