Tuesday, October 23, 2007

No news is good news --RIGHT??!

Thank you so much for all the concerned phone calls over the last few days! Mark said the phone never stopped ringing for more than about 20 minutes today. We are still here in AV--day 2--playing the waiting game. It is killing me- just sitting around here waiting to find out whether or not our house is still standing. As far as we can tell, we are still good... I get so depressed just sitting around here watching the news about all these houses that are up in flames not far at all from our house! It is so devastating! I feel so horrible for all those families who have already lost their homes to the fire. They are saying this is the worst fire in SD county history! To relieve some of the stress, I went shopping today and bought the girls and myself some new clothes (including swimsuits so that we can hit the beach tomorrow). I guess when we left so early yesterday, I never imagined that the weather would get to high 80's. I only brought long pants and LS shirts. Anyways--we will keep you updated as events unfold here--if we even hear anything--the news here is so vague... Thanks for keeping us in your prayers!
PS Happy Birthday Ang!! Love you!
PPS You can continue to call us on Mark's cell. Call my old cell and I have Mark's # on there...

1 comment:

Kevin (a.k.a. "The Ebonic Plague") said...

ugh! hey Alicia (or Mark depending on who signs in first). I am so sorry you had to leave your house AND deal with that traffic. How horrible! I looked on the live map and it looks like the fire hasn't moved any closer to your house, so that's a good thing right?!?!