Call me crazy, but I have had a harder time leaving my second-born child than I did with my first. Please don't misunderstand me, I love both of my daughters the same. I just mean that when it comes to babysitters, Ellie had been left more often , than Maddy at her age. Because our girls are "fairly" well-behaved, we always just end up planning activities that our whole family can enjoy together.So, when grandma and grandpa suggested coming down to San Diego last weekend to watch the girls for my belated birthday treat so that Mark and I could go out, it was like unleashing a wild beast inside me. Of course we jumped on the offer! (Mark can always read Priesthood session in the Ensign later, right??) SO where to go??
Mark asked around work for suggestions and kept hearing that the "Triple Espresso" comedy act in the Gaslamp District (downtown San Diego) was a fun date night. So we decided to check it out for ourselves. First, we grabbed a bite to eat at this trendy little restaurant called Red Pearl Kitchen, where we sat on a couch and ate off this little barrel which served as our table. The food was good, the atmosphere exciting, and the company entertaining, but the appetizer was the best part of dinner--Strawberry cinnamon ribs. Those who know me well, know that I don't much care for ribs, but let me tell you this, I WILL be going back for more... After dinner, we then headed over to the comedy club. The act started out a little slowly, but picked up quickly and we were laughing hysterically all night long! The show was really clean --We had a great time!
We finally drug our feet homeward bound, to find out all was well at home--grandma and grandpa had survived the evening with our two little "wild things." They had even bought the girls pumpkins to carve, but the girls had fallen asleep before they were even able to carve them!!
AHHHH! It's nice to get away sometimes and remember that you do have a life outside of your children and that you and your husband can still have fun together! Thanks grandma and grandpa!!
1 comment:
glad you got a fun night out!
Post a Comment