
At last...a childhood dream of mine can now be crossed off my list---Attend a New Kids on The Block concert!! I was a HUGE fan of these guys back in 3rd, 4th and 5th grade when we were living in Virginia. I never got to go to one of their concerts, but my girlfriends and I knew every one of their songs by heart, learned all of their dance moves, watched their videos every weekend, and dreamed someday of marrying them. (My friend Maria even named her puppy after one of the boys!). So, when I heard rumors back in March that they were reuniting, I told Mark that I thought that it would be fun to go to their concert if they came to our neck of the woods. Well...lo and behold, November 25th they came to the Cox arena and I was FINALLY able to see the NKOTB---LIVE!!! Truly a dream come true!!
I was able to talk my good friend Victoria in to going with me since she had also been a big fan when she was younger. Later that night, we met up with two other friends who also went.
My beloved Joey doll--may he R.I.P.
So, we actually had some cheap tickets to the concert, but our other friends we met had gone all out and spent $$$ on their tickets (floor tickets and a meet and greet with all 5 guys!!), so they were able to sneak us down by them on the floor. Well, we were kicked out of the really good seats early on, but we were able to remain on the floor until the last 15 minutes of the concert when we were discovered--Whoops!! We were soooo sneaky!! :)
Jordan was always my first love....
But Joey was not far behind....
Can you tell we were having a great time??!! I was already losing my voice going in to the concert (I had a bit of a cold, but that couldn't stop me from going!!), but by the end of the night I could barely even whisper!! On the video Victoria did, all you can hear is me screaming hoarsely in the background--pretty hilarious!!
Oh yeah--and he SOOO did this!!! And it was as cool as I remembered!!
An awesome, nostalgic night for me!!

2 comments:
I am SOOOOOOOO Jealous!
Oh wow.. I'm sooo jealous as well! I had a biiiig crush on them when I was younger! They're coming over to The Netherlands as well.. I sooo wish I could find someone to go with me!!! This brings back so many memories.. XOXO
Post a Comment