This will be our first family Christmas completely alone here in California. (well, with no family around) I really want to start some new family traditions this year, especially because Ellie is more aware of the season. I want to know what your family's holiday traditions are, or were growing up, that you really look forward to every year. Any fun traditions?
4 comments:
The family celebrated by placing a metal pole in the center of the room. Christmas dinner was more less going around the table & telling everyone what was wrong with them & then came "feats of strength" no one left the table until Dad was pinned down...or was that the Costanza family tradition. Oh well, Happy Festivus!!! (Your Christmas card is on it's way) xoxoxo, Kelly
I love it Kel!! I was worried about you guys for a sec!
Here are a few tradition that we did going up. First we enjoyed making candy houses. WE made them using graham crackers. We would go "elfing". We would make a treat and then deliver them to someone in the ward by knocking on the door and running without them seeing us. we would pile in the car on christmas eve to go look at christmas lights come home drink hot chocolate, read the christmas story or read the story "i wonder when he comes again", sing Christmas hymns and then go to bed. That is what we would do.
Hubby's family reads "The Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve and then they get to open their Christmas jammies to wear to bed. We adopted the jammies, but not the story. Then Christmas morning they read the section in Luke about Christ's birth and have family prayer before they can open presents. My family always makes candy houses. Usually there is a Christmas program where everyone does a musical number or reads a story or poem. One year we kids wrote a Christmas skit and acted it out for our mom and dad. That was funny. My family never did Christmas jammies growing up, but we did get to pick one present to open on Christmas Eve. Another tradition in my family is going out to breakfast on Christmas Eve morning. Another thing I like to do is drive around the neighborhood to see the lights. Sometimes the city parks will have lights too. I know I didn't get these to you before Christmas, but you can think about them for next Christmas. Love Amy
Post a Comment