Today Ellie started 1st grade. At a new school. She wasn't very nervous, but I was/am. If you've never been the new kid in school (Mark!!) than you can't relate. But for me, growing up, I was the new kid in school. 7. times. It's scary being the new kid. You worry if the kids will like you. If you'll like them. If you'll have anyone to sit with. If you'll like the teacher. Will she be mean? What if no one sits by you at lunch? What if no one plays with you on the playground. Luckily, these are all my worries. My sweet little Ellie is such a super friendly, cute little girl that last Thursday at back to school night she had already made some friends. (One of which I switched her to the same table so they could sit together. Shhhh.... But I couldn't leave my girly girl at an all boys table could I????) So here's to hoping the rest of her 1st day is wonderful....
My big beautiful 1st grader
This year she gets a backpack!
Entering Mrs. B's room
Ellie with Mrs. B
Her table--sure beats the all boy table don't you think?
Here's to a great year!!!
1 comment:
She looks so grown up! I hope she loves her new school!
Post a Comment